Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Review: Beautiful Broken Rules By Kimberly Lauren

So I randomly picked a book to read and this is what came up, I literally read this in two days and it was amazing.  I have to now read the rest of the series, can't wait!

Beautiful Broken Rules
By: Kimberly Lauren
Release Date: May 14, 2013
Series: Broken #1

Description:
The most valuable lesson Emerson Moore ever learned was from her parents: never get too attached to someone else. That’s why this hard-partying college student plays by her own code of bedroom conduct, refusing to stay with the same guy for too long. She gets all the pleasure of having a good time without the messiness of a relationship. So what if frat house-hopping has earned her a certain reputation around campus? At least no one gets hurt this way—especially her.

When ridiculously gorgeous Jaxon Riley moves in next door, Emerson’s not sure how long her vow against emotional intimacy can last. Jaxon’s tattoo, muscles, and sexy voice make him tempting, but he also seems to really understand her…until his jealous ex-girlfriend and Emerson’s life-changing discovery about her parents get thrown into the mix. After everything she’s been through, can Emerson handle a real relationship? Or will breaking her rules just lead to a broken heart?

Review:

Swoon. Swoon worthy. I’m still riding the high after reading this book which left me happy, giddy, sad, just an overall rollercoaster of emotions, but in the end, love.  I loved this book, the author caught my attention from the beginning and I never wanted to put it down (even though I had to at some point go to sleep). 

I have three rules: never sleep with someone that a friend has feelings for, never sleep with someone who is in a known relationship (when this isn't disclosed to me, it is not my fault), and finally, never sleep with someone more than three times.

If these rules weren’t already a little crazy but so true to Em I wouldn’t have believed them but she lived by these rules, to the fullest.  That is until she meets Jaxon.  What an interesting first encounter, I love it when authors can give you a unique first meeting like this, because it doesn’t usually happen that often but it always can bring an extra smile on your face.  The two of them had some amazing chemistry and even if their attraction was mutual in the very beginning they became friends first, and that to me shows what a great author Kimberly Lauren is to understand in reality you have to be friends first, or form some kind of bond.

This book kept me on my toes wondering who was going to freak out first in their relationship together, but I thoroughly enjoyed Emerson’s journey in learning about her past and her growing as a person not only with relationships in general but overall.  When she cried, I felt her pain.  I wanted to be like Quinn and hug Emerson as well, I certainly was hooked on this character.  Quinn and Emerson have an amazing friendship along with being (step) sisters, hey have a bond that cannot be broken.  Speaking of bonds, I love the fact that Jaxon has an identical twin, super yum because they sounded amazing and they were sweet, add on the Texas accent, yup, I’m there.  Cole isn’t bad either and their friendship even though it was strong all five of them were like a little family. 

By the end of the book I didn’t feel as if I was left wanting between Jax and Em.  I experienced their happy, sad, angry, fun and private moments, they felt authentic and relatable.  There was a clear and concise beginning, middle and end and it was a rough journey.  Really amazing characters and all the secondary characters were just as wonderful.  The writing in this book was great, it flowed nicely and again kept me in anticipation of what was going to happen next.  I can’t wait to get on the next book in this series. 


I absolutely love the cover, I've always liked black and white pictures, but man is that guy super cute.  Sure I pictured Jaxon a little more buff than that picture, but still super-hot.  The girl is perfect because she looks so carefree and wild like Emerson with all her crazy rules. Super love this book. 

No comments: