Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Review: Prove Me Wrong by Tessa Marie

Prove Me Wrong
By 
Release Date: March 2, 2015

Description:
A single secret changes everything.

With no college ambition—or desire to care—Luke Hannon’s ready to bail on school before senior year even begins. But when he spots the hot new girl reading an upside down map, he changes his mind.

Hailey Saldino desperately wants to start fresh at a school where she's free of the snide remarks and hurtful stares. A place where no one knows her past…or her son, Brady.

Luke wants a no strings attached, physical relationship, until Hailey becomes more than a cute girl in a skirt. Usually his bad boy reputation hooks the ladies but it won't be enough to land a girl like Hailey. Needing a lasting approach, Luke decides to be honest. No lies. No BS. As the connection between them deepens, Luke shares all his shameful secrets.

Afraid to lose one of the few people who’s ever looked at her as something other than a slut, Hailey buries herself in compounding lies. And when Hailey's purposeful deceit blindsides Luke, he must decide if he'll walk away, or accept Hailey and the little man she already loves.
 

Review:
How do I even begin to describe the amount of emotions I feel towards this book, there are just too many but I felt for the character from beginning to end and I’m emotionally drained but thoroughly satisfied with everything about this book.   Theresa Paolo took me on a journey through the mind of a young mother and I could definitely relate to everything because I have kids as well.  It was just a really refreshing and inspirational.

Let me just start off with I don’t think it’s ideal for a child to have a child, but it happens and the only thing you can do is make the best of it and move forward, but the key is to keep moving forward and that is what Hailey was doing, going to school, working and taking care of her baby along with the help of her mother, but nonetheless she was doing it all.  She really was a great character and realistic as well, because raising a kid no matter how old you are is not always fun, sometimes there are hard times and you just want to ball up and cry like a baby yourself.  Very emotional scenes in this book, still thinking about them right now.  Total tear fest, but so worth it only because I can relate.

Then there’s Luke who wants to change his life for the better but then again maybe he doesn’t, that is until he meets Hailey and he thinks he found someone special, she is his exception.  I’ll never not love that line about being your exception, great line.  Anyway, so yes he has his own issues but he doesn’t try and let it overpower him and he falls hard and fast for Hailey.  It’s how he deals with the truth when he finds out that matters most.  But you’ll have to read the book to see what I’m talking about, and don’t worry it’s completely worth it.

I know I’m not the biggest friend of insta love, but I have to say sometimes that too does happen, but I don’t think it was insta love in this instant.  It was more like instawant, but I applaud that they took things slow as young people should and that is when the real emotions come into play, and that is when things start to really matter.  Taking things slow, that’s where it’s at.

Overall this book was so sweet and so real and I just can’t say enough good things about it.  The author really flowed things smoothly and even the secondary characters were interesting, although I wouldn’t mind reading a book about Roxy and CJ, just saying! Sometimes it’s not about the situations you are put in, but it’s about how you handle them that matters most.  Great story, something I haven’t seen or read about before and it indeed was inspirational.  Don’t get me wrong, not saying go out and be a teen mom, but keep it moving!


Very cute cover also, it definitely made me look twice at the book.  

No comments: