Monday, April 7, 2014

Review: Loving Liberty by Belinda Boring

Loving Liberty
By: Belinda Boring
Release Date: March 17, 2014

Description

Liberty Montgomery is many things:

A dutiful daughter.
Perfect wife-in-training.
Easy to manipulate.
Compliant.

But secretly she wants more.

For years, Liberty has dreamed of a life filled with opportunities—a life where she makes the decisions, living by her own rules. Unfortunately, her parents have other plans for her, ones that involve her submission and total obedience. Every attempt to break free from their control is met with threats, leaving her feeling trapped. Just when all seems hopeless, Liberty meets Oliver Nichols. With just two words, be brave, he stirs up her secret longings for more . . . friendship, fun, and independence. He almost has her believing her dreams are possible. However, taking a stand can be terrifying when you've spent your entire life pleasing others.

Are some chances worth taking? What would she risk for freedom?

Links
Goodreads | Amazon

Review:
I had really high hopes when reading this book and I can honestly say that it took me a while to get into it but then I finally did and was sucked in.  The author did a good job of describing this family that tends to bully each other and the one child that tends to take all that bullying in.  It's hard when it's your'e own family doing this to you, how do you survive, just be obedient or finally rebel and become free.  This is the story of Liberty Montgomery and her struggles.

Liberty is 21 and ever the dutiful daughter that she is she does everything her parents want her to, it's daunting on her though because she just wants to get away but doesn't have the courage to do so.  That is, until she meets Oliver a waiter who thinks she needs to try something different.  He sees in her all the things that are deep down and helps her to bring these feelings out.  But this isn't without consequences, between her evil sister, her controlling parents and a horrible suitor chosen for her by her family they have many complications and speed bumps to get through.  But they can do it together.

Overall it was a good story but it really took me a long time to get into it and I really disliked the main character for not having a backbone for so long.  Sure, maybe I don't know what it feels like but I can't even imagine having to be as obedient as she was, not that I want to be obedient but come on there are some things that are just common sense to do, especially since she was 21 not a teenager.  There comes a time when you have to grow up and that's exactly what Oliver helped Liberty do.

I really like the cover but I totally pictured Liberty a little more uptight than that.  Interesting read for sure and I'm happy that I've read it.


Disclaimer:
I received this book from NetGalley and Mark My Words Book Publicity, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: