Saturday, October 1, 2011

Top 5 of 2011

Another mini challenge at Princess Bookie's website; To enter complete the challenge:

Challenge: Write up a blog post telling me the top 5 books you read in 2011 that you loved! That were your favorite!


 1. The Mortal Instruments Series - I just started getting back into reading and discovered this series, I put it off for a while, what a mistake that was.  How can you not love such a raw relationship, throw in some angels, vampires, fairies, demons and wizards.  You have an amazing series, where I need to get the next book I have to know what's going on between Jace and Clary and everyone else in the series.  I still picture Jace as having dark hair, maybe it's just my preference but I love this relationship.

 2,. The Hunger Games series.  First let me just say that I'm extremely happy that I have read this series all the way through and now there will be a movie made about the series.  I really hope the movie does this series justice because it really was an incredible group of books.  Katnis is such a symbol of freedom and she doesn't even know it but the relationships between her and the other members are just so interesting, it has to be hard going into a games where only one person can win, she really did triumph. 
 3.  Anna and the French Kiss.  Who doesn't heart this book seriously.  Etienne, what a name! This was the cutest book I've read this year.  Very quick read (I read it twice in a row because I just had to).  Imagine getting thrown into a situation you didn't want and then finding out it's exactly what you needed.  It's very sweet.  I can't wait to read Lola and the Boy Next Door.
 4.  Duff.  This has to be one of my favorite books of all time.  There's just something about the main character that I can totally relate to.  Reminds me of Revenge of the Nerds where at the end everyone says I'm a nerd, yeah I'm a DUFF, everyone is a DUFF.  I just really related to the main character and loved how their relationship developed even though neither one of them wanted a relationship.  See good things can happen when you least expect it.
5.  The Chicago land Vampire series.  This was actually introduced to me by one of my friends.  Otherwise I would never have checked this series out, and I read all available books back to back and now I can't wait for the next one to come out because if you follow the series I know you know you can't wait to find out what happens next.  This was a really different and cool way to portray vampires also, almost like a business with the CEO being the one who turned all the rest.  Great series.



So those are my top five books (or in my case books/series) that I've read so far this year.  I know there are so many others I would like to acknowledge but these are by far the best of this year and I can't wait till next year because there are so many good books coming out.  2012 will be a good year!

1 comment:

Kapri (Book Fanatics) said...

Those are all amazing books. I just read Anna (again) and I'm obsessing just a little.