Monday, February 8, 2010

Thirteen Reasons Why


Thirteen Reasons Why
by Jay Asher

I've totally been slacking in my book reviews but I'm catching up today. Hopefully.
So I read this book and thought it was great, it's about a girl who commits suicide and she leaves behind thirteen reasons why - on audio tape. (If this was done now I would suspect it would be CD's or blog or something along those lines but audio tape - that makes it worth it because it makes the receiver go and search for something to play it in so they can find out why she killed herself.) It's told through two people, the person who recorded the tapes and the person who is listening to the tapes. I really liked this way of writing because it gave you two points of view one within the other simultaneously. I hope to read more books by Jay Asher.
4 out of 5 stars.

No comments: